Social Media Manager (Intern)
Marketing & Communications
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
About the Role:As a Social Media Manager at Gearsupply, you will be responsible for creating and executing social media strategies to enhance brand awareness, engage the target audience, and drive growth for the company or client. Your role will involve managing various social media platforms, monitoring performance metrics, and developing compelling content to maintain a strong online presence. Additionally, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to align social media efforts with overall marketing and business objectives. We invest in our people and our technology while delivering the best customer service in the business. Join our growing team today! What's in it for you:
- Hourly pay starting at $10
- Experience working for an industry-leading company in the tech industry
- Uncapped professional growth potential
- Office located in vibrant OTR (near Findlay Market)
- Be part of a winning team - Voted 2023 Companies with the Best Culture by Purpose Job and a 2023 Finalist for the Cincinnati Fast 55
- Create engaging, relevant, and visually appealing content for different social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest, etc.
- Curate user-generated content and other industry-related content to foster community engagement and interactions.
- Monitor social media channels regularly and promptly respond to comments, inquiries, and messages in a timely and professional manner.
- Foster a positive and supportive online community by engaging with followers, acknowledging their feedback, and addressing concerns.
- Plan, execute, and optimize paid social media advertising campaigns to increase reach, clicks, conversions, and other performance metrics.
- Monitor ad performance and adjust strategies to improve ROI.
- Use social media analytics tools to track key metrics, gather insights, and prepare regular performance reports for management.
- Identify trends and opportunities for improvement and share recommendations with the marketing team.
- Be prepared to handle potential social media crises professionally and swiftly, resolving issues and maintaining the brand's reputation.
- Preferred: 1+ year of design or social media development experience.
- Up to date with relevant social media trends and metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-growth start-up environment.
- Receptive to direction and feedback from marketing team.
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated self-starter