Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Here at Lower, we believe homeownership is the greatest wealth creator in America today. Our goal is to make homeownership accessible to more people. We also know the path to get there can be daunting; but it doesn’t need to be.
As a mission-driven fintech, everything we do revolves around simplifying the home buying process. Through our growing family of companies and products, our team meets customers where they want to do business at every step of the journey.
Lower has originated, underwritten, and funded tens of billions of dollars in home loans and offers an industry-leading customer experience with ratings of 4.8 on Trustpilot, 4.9 on Google, 4.9 on Zillow, and A+ from the Better Business Bureau.
You’ll work closely with world-class engineers, product managers, and designers to develop an industry-leading platform that accelerates every aspect of the homebuying process and exceeds our customers’ expectations at each step of their journey.
- You’ll play a leading role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale applications.
- You’ll operate in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- You’ll foster communication and collaboration within the team and across different functions.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in Full-stack engineering
- You understand best practices for software development, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, automated testing, and operations.
- You’re an excellent problem-solver that can develop practical solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re an effective communicator with any audience - engineers, product managers, business stakeholders, senior management, and so forth.
- You’re self-driven with a high degree of ownership and a commitment to quality.
- Some experience with CI/CD or DevOps is preferred.
- You’ll be surrounded by talented, dedicated people who believe in the company’s mission.
- You’ll shape the future of Lower’s platform.
- You'll join a locally and nationally recognized best place to work that values promoting from within.
- Competitive compensation plan
- Extended benefit offerings including:
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Maternity leave
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401K with company match
- Corporate wellness program
- Discount on home mortgage refinances or purchases
This role is remote but you must be able to work Eastern Time Zone hours. Ideally, you’ll be based in NY or Columbus so you can spend time in person with your colleagues.
Lower provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.