Manager, Launch Operations
Position: Manager, Launch Operations
Location: New York office or Chicago office
Metropolis develops advanced computer vision and machine learning technology that makes mobile commerce remarkable. Our platform is already deployed in hundreds of mobility facilities and industries with billions in opportunity. We’re building the digital pipes through which the future of mobile commerce will move.
In this role you will be overseeing hundreds of new site launches across a region in the US. Working closely with our Local Operations, Sales, Business Development, Product, and Tech teams, this is an extremely cross-functional role that requires strong organizational skills and attention to detail. You will be responsible for ensuring all relevant teams are on track to achieve our launch timelines and need to have a real-time pulse of how each project is progressing.
Who you are
- Serial problem-solver: you’ll do whatever it takes to launch, get better every day, and scale quickly.
- Builder: you want to touch everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Data-driven decision-maker: you’re comfortable pulling your own data and acting on it quickly.
- Challenger: you don’t settle for “how it’s been done” and are always thinking of ways to make our team more efficient.
- Entrepreneur at heart: rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- Oversee hundreds of new site launches in a designated region
- Manage launches with various internal stakeholders to ensure things are on track and our leadership team has visibility
- Work with the product team to build new tools that reduce manual work our team is doing today
- Own launch reporting for the company
- Setup processes and SOPs to help Local Ops launch next sites better and more efficiently
- Deploy automated email drip campaigns to drive subscriber conversion pre-launch
- Work closely with local operations teams, property managers, and real estate partners to assist in tenant onboarding
- Manage budgeting and signage requests and for your regions
- 5-7+ years of total work experience
- 3+ years of experience in an operations, strategy, consulting, or project management role required - bonus points for experience in a fast-paced tech environment
- Data-driven decision maker who is comfortable owning metrics that get reported up to the executive level
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams to champion complex projects
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong interpersonal skills. Success in this role depends on developing trusting relationships with the team, external stakeholders, and partners
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Natural communicator and presenter
- Passion for transportation, parking, mobility and/or logistics
- Proficiency with Tableau, Trello, JIRA, and/or Salesforce a plus!
The anticipated base salary for this position is $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 annually. The actual base pay offered is determined by a number of variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, years of relevant experience, distinctive skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location of residence and/or place of employment. Base pay is one component of Metropolis’s total compensation package, which may also include access to or eligibility for healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, bonus plans and more.