Senior Computer Vision Engineer
Build the Path Forward
At Path Robotics, we’re attacking a trillion dollar opportunity - doing things that have never been done before to support an industry hurting from a lack of skilled labor. Big, hard problems are what Path tackles every day and our people are our greatest asset to get that job done. Our intelligent, hardworking team of people do the impossible every single day, yet remain incredibly kind, humble, and always ready to support one another.
Our Computer Vision Engineers work to develop, evaluate, and release computer vision algorithms into production software. The role will focus on object recognition, localization, and adaptive filtering. You will report to the CV Team Lead and will join a team of dedicated, supportive, and enthusiastic people to help create the future of manufacturing. Come solve the hardest problems with the best team on the planet!
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement methods to quickly and accurately localize highly occluded objects
- Test and evaluate current state-of-the-art methods used for scene segmentation
- Work towards learning based approaches requiring less data
- 3D Point cloud matching and manipulation
- Stay abreast of new research and novel findings in the fields of computer vision and machine learning
- Drive the technical direction for projects all the way from conception, to R&D, to production-readiness and finally support
- Handle multiple projects at the same time which may all require different levels of involvement ranging from consulting/advising to actively involved in coding and/or testing.
- Partner with our other engineering teams in artificial intelligence, robotics, and software engineering
Who You Are
- You have a PhD or MS in computer vision, deep learning, or something strongly related
- You have 5+ years of research experience in developing novel computer vision algorithms or similar methods based on deep learning in such topics as image recognition, image segmentation, stereo pixel matching, geometric deep learning, object recognition.
- You have 3+ years of industry experience with designing, developing and deploying neural network models in the real world
- You have 2+ publications in the computer vision or machine learning field
- You are proficient in Python and C/C++
- You have hands-on experience in computer vision and deep learning frameworks such as OpenCV, Tensorflow, and Pytorch
- You are comfortable with Git and Linux
- You are familiar with 3D reconstruction and meshing
- You are familiar with parallel computing, such as GPU/CUDA programming
- You are familiar with structure from motion and visual odometry
- You are familiar with Kalman filter and particle filter
- You are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a venture-backed company early on, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact
- You take pride in your work, take ownership of your projects and are up for a challenge.
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*To continue to keep our team safe as we navigate the pandemic, we are requiring all in office staff to submit and validate their vaccination status.
Why You'll Love It Here
- Free lunch every day
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with 100% coverage on monthly medical premiums for you and any dependents (nothing comes out of your paycheck!)
- 6 weeks 100% paid parental leave plus an additional 6-8 weeks maternity leave for the
birthing parent (12-14 weeks total)
- 401K through Empower
- Paid Referral Bonus
Job Type: Full-time