Hybrid Work Environment
We are in search of a junior data engineer who is enthusiastic, proficient, and committed to producing top-quality work. You can expect to navigate the inherent challenges of handling nuanced marketing data from a multitude of sources. If you possess the determination to rigorously make sense of this data, transforming it into high-value assets that form the foundation of our client insights, and drive our marketing campaigns, this position is for you.
To excel in this role, you will get to harness your Python and SQL expertise to help build and manage the entire customer data lifecycle for several unicorn firms. You will gain experience managing everything from the orchestration of data ingestion via APIs to developing dashboards to illustrate changes in customer behavior. We value quality, integrity, and an ability to deliver client value. If you’re ready to take on this fulfilling challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
● Collaborate on designing and optimizing data pipelines, utilizing APIs and working with GCP, AWS, and Azure, to seamlessly integrate data from source systems into our data warehouse and customer data platform.
● Adhere to the highest standards of data integrity when troubleshooting and resolving data pipeline issues.
● Utilize advanced SQL skills to perform analysis and present performance reports based on customer behavior.
● Proactively identify opportunities by translating business needs into data-driven solutions that add value for our clients.
● Utilize Python to efficiently manage and manipulate data to increase marketing ROI
● Utilize orchestrators like Airflow or Dagster to manage complex workflows and improve the efficiency of our data services.
● Monitor and improve existing customer data pipelines to reduce resource usage and shorten run time.
● A minimum of two years' professional experience in a data engineering role, preferably within a B2C retail or service business.
● Proven experience handling and making sense of ambiguous data.
● Proficient in working with cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure.
● High level of proficiency in SQL for advanced data querying.
● Comfortable using Python for various data engineering tasks.
● Basic working knowledge of GIT for version control.
● Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline complemented by a demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development and learning.
● Hands-on experience with the Data Build Tool (DBT) is advantageous.
● Proven expertise in effectively utilizing APIs.
● Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, or Looker, facilitating insightful data interpretation.
● Familiarity with orchestrators such as Airflow for managing complex workflows.
● Comprehensive understanding of data modeling principles and proven experience in data architecture strategies.
● Possession of relevant certifications, such as Google's Professional Data Engineer or AWS Certified Big Data, will be considered a strong asset.
● A 'get it done' attitude with high individual initiative and ability to self-start.
● Strong desire to work with multi-talented high-performers in a start-up environment.
● Excellent problem-solving skills and a keen eye for identifying inefficiencies or errors.
● Exceptional commitment to delivering quality output with a strong work ethic and integrity.
● Skillful at conveying complex data insights clearly and effectively.
Why Petram Analytics
Join our amazing team of data and marketing experts as our newest member! We are Petram Analytics, a groundbreaking team that helps companies unlock the power of their data. Our innovative approach and impactful work have earned us national recognition as a CNBC top startup to watch, as well as we have been named as a "Best Place to Work" by Purpose Jobs.
At Petram, our expertise lies in synthesizing data from various segments of our clients' businesses to craft compelling narratives. These narratives become the bedrock upon which we develop strategic, actionable plans.
If you are an innovative thinker who thrives in a challenging environment, we would love to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive team and develop your career with us. Apply now to step into a role where you can truly make a difference.