About RIVET (RIVET Work Inc.):
RIVET is how construction labor gets to work. Rivet’s software platform transforms the way contractors manage, plan, schedule and deploy crews in one unified platform. The RIVET team is passionate about leveraging technology to champion the skilled trades, accelerate digital transformation, and make construction an industry of choice for a new generation entering the workforce.
Detroit-based | Work Flexibility | Full Time | 10% travel required
The Manager of Sales Development is responsible for managing a team of 6-8 Sales Development Representatives (SDRs). You will be a frontline manager focused on supporting the SDR team as they conduct daily inbound and outbound activities and helping them achieve both team and individual targets. You will partner closely with the Sales and Marketing Teams on campaigns, plays, and resources while building a strong and collaborative relationship with Sales and Marketing leadership. The ideal candidate loves solving challenges, motivating his/her team, and is constantly looking for ways to improve the sales process and conversion rates.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience prospecting as an individual contributor in a closing role within varying aspects of sales, sales development, or account management.
- 1+ years of direct people management experience with a track record in hiring, developing, and promoting your direct reports
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills. You must be credible with direct reports, customers, recruitment candidates, and internally across the organization at all levels including senior management
- Metrics-driven, with an analytical approach to solving business problems
- Understands the big picture, but is not afraid to jump into the details
- Eager to build a world-class sales organization
- Use a metrics-based approach to reporting (call and email outcomes, meetings created, scheduled, attended, opportunities converted, pipeline, and revenue generated). You will report regularly on the team’s activities and results to Marketing and Sales leadership
- Attract, hire, retain, and develop talent
- Develop and coach representatives in their careers toward future Account Executive roles
- Motivate and inspire a team of early-career employees
- Provide constructive, real-time feedback
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive both new business development growth and operational excellence
- Collaborate with Marketing to drive new business through demand generation
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets
Your proven superpowers:
- Strong knowledge of sales processes, sales tech stack, and reporting
- Have sold products in a similar price range and to similar buyer persona
- Startup or entrepreneurship experience
- Demonstrate exceptional passion, emotional intelligence, maturity, and good judgment
Nice to have:
- Construction industry experience
- Experience using tools such as HubSpot, ZoomInfo, Outreach, Gong, LinkedIn Sales Navigator etc.
- Experience at product-led growth (PLG) SaaS companies
RIVET provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) matching\
- Employee stock option program
- Commuter (parking) benefits
- Vacation and paid holidays
Rivet believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.