One year ago we launched purpose.jobs with the goal of empowering people to pursue their passions by finding a job they love and find purpose in.
We know from first-hand experience that a person’s talent can’t be defined by a resume on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper so we set out to create a way to help companies understand the full picture of a person including their education, interests, and culture preferences, while providing a way for job seekers to explore opportunities that matched their interests.
We're incredibly proud of what we’ve accomplished in our first year and really grateful to our community for the support along the way.
Today we’d like to share some of the progress we’ve made. In the past year, here’s what we’ve accomplished together:
- Our talent community is growing. There are 1,300+ candidates who have completed an application. What’s even more exciting is that people all over the country are recognizing what our great city has to offer. We’re receiving a number of applications from talent in other geographic areas such as San Francisco, New York, and Chicago — a signal of Detroit’s rebirth.
- Detroit’s startup tech scene is on the rise. We’re currently helping about 65 startup technology companies find the right talent to grow their business.
- The purpose.jobs team has also grown! We now have eight full time and part time team members from around the country. We strive to look for the best talent can we find and we don’t want to limit ourselves.
- The desire to be involved in the Detroit Startup community is strong. We have 14,000+ subscribers to our blog who are looking for updates about companies that are hiring, Detroit startup events, and other community and career-related information we offer. Subscribe here if you're interested.
- We’re seeing a lot of high-quality talent come through our platform. In less than one year we’ve made nearly 200 introductions between Detroit startups and talent applicants on our platform.
- We’ve expanded -- in addition to matching job seekers with innovative companies in Detroit, we’re now supporting job seekers and startups in Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids.
A big thanks to the job seekers who came to us to help them find their next role, the companies who entrusted us to find the best talent to help grow their business, and all of our blog subscribers who showed interest in what we have to share.
Help Us Continue to Grow
As we approach this incredible one-year milestone, we want to find a way to give back to our community as well as expand and help others find their purpose. For the month of March, we’re offering an increased referral bonus for anyone that shares purpose.jobs with family, friends, or peers that are looking for new opportunities!
How it Works
From now until March 30, if you refer a friend to purpose.jobs and they get hired, you’ll earn $500. To get started:
- Visit purpose.jobs/invite, enter your email address, and hit “refer a friend.”
- Enter the email addresses of the friends you want to invite, along with a quick message, and hit send.
- You’re done! Once your referral completes their application, we’ll schedule a call to learn more about them.
Thank you again for your support. While we’ve accomplished so much this past year, we’re just getting started. Stay tuned this year for exciting new updates to the purpose.jobs platform, a new website, and more great content on our blog.